This charming Portuguese 2-bedroom cottage for renovation built in 1945, with many traditional and interesting features such as the old chimney, a fertile plot of land for your vegetable and flower garden as well as the magnificent views of the surrounding countryside, may just make your dream of living the good life in Portugal come true …and for an affordable price!
Casa da Estrela has the following features:
- Traditional timber-framed construction with stone and brick
- Ground-floor cottage set on a plot of terraced farmland with 1896 m2 with a well, old cork oaks and fruit trees
- Renovation project
- Two bedrooms, a living room and kitchen with traditional fireplace and back door
- Small storeroom with ladder for access to the loft which can only be used for storage due to its low height
- Front and back door entrance
- Large sunroom now in ruins which could be rebuilt to add to the footprint of the main house
- Two brick outbuildings for rebuilding which may have been once a wine cellar, a storeroom or a pigsty
- The main house has a footprint of 56 m2 but with the possibility of rebuilding the sunroom and the outbuildings, its footprint could be greatly increased to nearly 100 m2.
- Quiet location on the edge of a village in a cul-de-sac
- Excellent access to the property and plenty of space for parking
- Sunny and airy location with beautiful, unobstructed views from the old sunroom and back garden of the surrounding hills, the distant forest on the horizon and of the large valley
- • 5 minutes from the village centre (small supermarket, pharmacy, cafés, bus stop, etc)
- • Five minutes from Sardoal
- • 15 minutes from the historical town of Abrantes
- • 25 minutes from the medieval town of Tomar
- • 1 ½ hours from Lisbon, Coimbra and the Silver Coast
Viewing highly recommended!