A unique opportunity to acquire a traditional village stone house, needing some updating, with a nice private courtyard, some outbuildings and a large farming plot, in the region of Pedrógão Grande and Figueiró dos Vinhos in central Portugal, close to river beaches and all amenities.
Situated in a quite village setting, this property has the following features:
- A stone cottage in the vernacular style of the region with a total footprint of 146,5 m2 and a traditional sunroom. The total area of this urban title, which includes the house, outbuildings and courtyard, is 196 m2.
- Several outbuildings once used as 2 animal pens, a storeroom and a large covered porch for parking a tractor, a car or for farming equipment.
- The exterior stairway to the second floor leads to an old-style charming sunroom. Along this sunroom, on the right and at the far end, there are three doors: the first door leads to a large kitchen with an old fire place, the second door to a large living room with parquet wooden floor and two bedrooms with traditional suspended timber floors, and at the far end a utility room with an entrance to the wet room with a shower, bidet, toilet bowl and sink. The timbers seem to be all in good condition including the ceilings.
- The ground-floor consists of a utility room, 2 storerooms and a cellar.
- An iron front gate leads to the inner courtyard.
- Large vegetable and flower garden with 1550 m2, many grapevines along the border, 8 olive trees, three orange trees and a tangerine tree, an apple tree, a Japanese meddler fruit tree, a fig tree, a kiwi vine above the tank and a stone barn
- Large tank outside the front gate for water storage and crop irrigation
- Additional farm plot just a few meters down a dirt track with a total area of 770 m2, two olive trees, pine trees and some cork oaks. A well which never dries out in the summertime pumps water to the tank for crop irrigation.
- In habitable condition but in need of some updating
- Stone garden walls
- Mains water and electricity connected.
- Neighbours nearby but property walled and very private.
- Lovely country views
Only a 5-minute walk from local amenities: three coffee shops (one has a general store), a cashpoint, primary school, GP surgery, local park with fitness training equipment and a picnic area. At the weekend the butcher’s opens and there is a fruit and vegetable market. The hairdresser’s also opens twice a week. The local parish council has its headquarters in the village and opens on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
The two nearest main towns, Figueiró dos Vinhos and Pedrógão Grande, also have supermarkets, pharmacies, GP surgeries, private clinics, a bus station, post office, bars, cafés and primary and secondary schools. In fact, everything you need can be found locally within four miles of the property and access roads are excellent with very low traffic.
The IC8 road is only 3 miles away from the property for quick access to many local towns, cities and interesting landmarks:
30 minutes to Coimbra and Tomar
1 hour to Castelo Branco, Leiria, the Silver Coast and its beaches
2 hours from Oporto and Lisbon airports
4 hours from the Algarve
This property would constitute a sound investment as permanent residence, a holiday home or a holiday let for rural tourism due to its favourable location.
An absolute must see at a bargain price!