A unique opportunity to acquire a farm in beautiful central Portugal in the region of Sardoal, Abrantes, comprising 7 hectares of good pastures, olive groves and forested areas with Mediterranean shrubs, cork and other native oaks, and a stone barn with a footprint of 80 m2 for renovation. Situated at the heart of the Portuguese countryside, this property has much to offer to those who seek the peace of rural surroundings but wish to be quite close to all amenities.
The property has a beautiful well with an ancient waterwheel which once supplied water for land irrigation. The land has laid fallow for many years but it was once used for cereal farming and olive oil production.
Overlooking the vast open field where the barn is located, ancient cork oaks have borne witness to the passing of time and the use of the land from which the production of staples such as olive oil, cereals, firewood, cork and honey are but a few examples.
Dirt roads run along the edge of the whole of the property, all in reasonably good condition, making access to the farm quite easy. In fact, and in terms of location, this property offers the following:
- Two minutes away from the village of Mouriscas
- Four minutes from the N3 road
- 12 minute drive to Alferrarede / Abrantes train station and local shops
- 20 minute drive to local schools and colleges
- 10 minute drive to the Mouriscas junction of the A23
- Less than 1 ½ hour drive to Lisbon on the A23 and A1
- Close to local river beaches such as Penedo Furado, Lapa, Aquapólis, Alvega, Ortiga, Alamal and of course the Castelo de Bode lake
- Close to the historical towns of Abrantes and Tomar
- 15 minute drive to the village of Sardoal
- 1 ¼ hour drive to the coast and the Peniche, Nazaré and Foz do Arelho beaches
- Close proximity of the river Tagus
A PIP report or Pedido de Informação Prévia from the local council regarding planning permission on this land is available on request.
Viewing highly recommended.