A great opportunity to acquire a beautiful plot of land in stunning rural setting, in a region without eucalyptus or pine, only native Mediterranean trees, close to the historical village of Sardoal, to the town of Abrantes and to local amenities in the village of Valhascos.
This property has the following features:
- 9740 m2 of fertile farmland
- Stone barn with a footprint of 32 m2, in good condition and ideal for renovation
- 100 olive trees in full production
- Some fruit trees (e.g. pear and fig trees)
- A well with water all year round
- Ideal for farming or as a refuge to enjoy nature and rural life
- Large threshing floor
- Mediterranean landscape with olive groves, native oaks and other native trees and shrubs along rivers and streams
- Region with an historic occupation going back to the Celts and the Romans where to enjoy the many nature trails including those of the old Roman road nearby and those by the Arecez and the Tagus river
- Close to the beautiful medieval village of Sardoal (5 minutes by car) and the historic town of Abrantes (10-minute drive)
- Close to the N2 and the A23 for easy access to many towns and landmarks in central Portugal
- A mere 5-minute walk to the village of Valhascos
- 1 ¼ hours from beaches such as Nazaré or Peniche
- 1 hour from Spain
- 1 ¼ hours from Serra da Estrela
- 1 ½ hours from Lisbon
- Many river beaches within a 15/20 km radius: Aquapólis, Alvega, Lapa, Penedo Furado, Alamal, Ortiga and many others.
The village of Valhascos, a mere 5-minute walk from this property, has a coffee shop, a bakery, a grocery store, a restaurant, a traditional olive oil press and a residents’ association which promotes many local events. However, this property is also conveniently located close to the village of Sardoal for even more traditional shops, banks, restaurants, post office, GP surgery and other facilities. The nearby historical town of Abrantes offers all services and facilities to be expected from a major town.
An opportunity not to be missed! Viewing recommended!